Federal judge blocks Biden's vaccine mandate in 10 states, says it goes beyond workplace authority
The decision from a Missouri judge follows a halt placed on the nationwide mandate by a Georgia judge earlier this month
A federal judge in Missouri issued a preliminary injunction on Monday blocking the Biden-imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors in 10 states. U.S. Magistrate Judge David Noce said that the mandate extended beyond the president's authority to set workplace rules.
An additional halt was placed on the mandate by a federal judge in Georgia on December 7.
"The vaccine mandate would reach beyond the workplace and into the realm of public health. The Court concludes that plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the issue of whether the mandate exceeds the scope of the power granted to the President," (under federal law), wrote Noce.
In September, President Biden issued an executive order that included the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, as well as healthcare workers and private companies. Each degree of mandate is being challenged in the courts.
The most recent injunction applies to Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
Last week, a three-judge panel of the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which encompasses Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and Tennessee, reversed a prior injunction against the employer vaccine mandate. Several Republicans AGs and business associations were, however, fast to appeal that decision to the Supreme Court.
The Biden administration has also asked the Supreme Court to respond quickly to lower court orders that placed a hold on the healthcare worker vaccine mandate.
News, not Noise
- After battling bureaucrats throughout presidency, Trump gets last laugh against 'deep state'
- Bidenomics: 46 states saw GDP decline in first quarter of 2022, federal data shows
- Supreme Court marshal appeals to Virginia, Maryland governors to help stop protests as DOJ demurs
- Twitter dismisses Clarence Thomas threat but censors peer-reviewed study on COVID vax and fertility
- 20 states are using legislation to ban ‘Zuck Bucks’ from elections