Former Idaho state representative sentenced to 20 years for raping intern
Republican rep had been appointed in mid-2020.
A former state representative in Idaho has been sentenced to 20 years for the rape of an intern, a crime of which he was convicted earlier this year.
Aaron von Ehlinger, a 40-year-old ex-Republican representative from the state's 6th district, will have to serve eight years of his two-decade-long sentence before he is eligible for parol, Ada County District Judge Michael Reardon ruled on Wednesday.
Ehlinger was convicted of having raped a 19-year-old intern at the state legislature after a dinner meet-up in March of last year. The state had sought a 40-year sentence with a 15-year minimum.
He was first appointed in June of 2020 to fill a vacancy in the state legislature, after which he won election in November of that year.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Kirstie Alley dead at 71 after battle with cancer
- Actress Kirstie Alley has died at 71
- Podcast host claims break-in at property, gunfire at his home after Kanye West interview