New York City shooting surged 220% last week, compared to same week in 2019
In the week of July 13-16, 77 people were wounded in 64 shootings in NYC
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Shootings in New York City have increased by 220% in the week ending July 19, compared to the same week a year ago, according to a New York City Police Department report.
The report shows that during the week of July 13 to 19, 77 people were wounded in 64 shootings, compared to 25 and 20, respectively, to the same week in 2019.
Those numbers, respectively, also represent a 208% and 220% increase.
Gun crime was worse in New York City 10 and 27 years ago, according to an analysis of the NYPD figures by the Epoch Times. Ten years ago, there were 11 percent more shooting incidents and victims, while 27 years ago, the city reported 74 percent more shooting victims and 76 percent more incidents.
News, Not Noise
- Outrage against Yale Law for punishing famed author/professor who backed Kavanaugh for SCOTUS
- Inside ISIS: Interrogation trove shows terror group's leader was a snitch
- Supreme Court lifts California’s pandemic ban on in-home religious gatherings
- Herschel Walker calls on colleges, businesses to stop asking for race on applications
- Angry liberals demand Breyer retire after justice warns against court packing