WNBA star Griner pleads guilty in Russia court on drug, smuggling charges, reports
Griner is also a U.S. Olympian
U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner reportedly pleaded guilty Thursday to drug possession and smuggling charges in her trial in Russia, where she has been detained on the matter since February, according to the Associated Press.
The wire service report is based on reports from Russia news services.
Griner was arrested in February at a Russia airport for attempting to bring hash oil, allegedly in a vape pipe in her luggage, into the country.
Just News, No Noise
- China threatens US for popping balloon as American military begins recovery operation
- Panel that awarded Pulitzers for Russiagate stories mum after scathing exposé on reporting failures
- TSA gets almost $500 million for pay raises, new hires, despite scathing watchdog review
- Vaxxed Army pilot denied promotion, while alleged military clinic sexual harasser keeps job
- 'Refuse to be canceled,' near-canceled legal scholar tells students