WNBA star Griner pleads guilty in Russia court on drug, smuggling charges, reports
Griner is also a U.S. Olympian
Updated: July 7, 2022 - 10:31am
U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner reportedly pleaded guilty Thursday to drug possession and smuggling charges in her trial in Russia, where she has been detained on the matter since February, according to the Associated Press.
The wire service report is based on reports from Russia news services.
Griner was arrested in February at a Russia airport for attempting to bring hash oil, allegedly in a vape pipe in her luggage, into the country.
Just News, No Noise
- FBI chief Wray rolls dice with Congress over contempt, then jets to Las Vegas
- After John Durham bombshell, judge breathes new life into Clinton Foundation whistleblower case
- Target latest on growing list of woke U.S. companies to misread customers, pay price
- Trump calls for year-long U.S. anniversary celebration in 2026
- House passes compromise deal to suspend debt ceiling, cut spending