WNBA star Griner pleads guilty in Russia court on drug, smuggling charges, reports
Griner is also a U.S. Olympian
U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner reportedly pleaded guilty Thursday to drug possession and smuggling charges in her trial in Russia, where she has been detained on the matter since February, according to the Associated Press.
The wire service report is based on reports from Russia news services.
Griner was arrested in February at a Russia airport for attempting to bring hash oil, allegedly in a vape pipe in her luggage, into the country.
Just News, No Noise
- Old case over audio tapes in Bill Clinton's sock drawer could impact Mar-a-Lago search dispute
- COVID vaccine trials document birth defects, lost pregnancies, FOIA requests reveal
- 44% of pregnancies lost during Pfizer COVID vaccine trial, company says vax not to blame
- Exiled Putin critic found dead in DC neighborhood
- Former NIH whistleblower: Political motives of entrenched bureaucrats harming public health