Elizabeth Warren claimed people tell her they’d vote for her if she ‘had a penis,’ reporter says
NBC journalist relays bizarre story in new book.
An NBC reporter relayed a bizarre vignette in a newly released book in which Elizabeth Warren allegedly claimed that people “come up to her” and tell her they would vote for her except for the fact that she does not have male genitalia.
The strange story was first reported on by Politico, which this week printed a passage from NBC Capitol Hill correspondent Ali Vitali’s new book “Electable: Why America Hasn’t Put a Woman in the White House … Yet.”
Vitali said that while discussing various political questions with Warren, the Massachusetts center claimed: “Everyone comes up to me and says, ‘I would vote for you, if you had a penis’.”
The story was greeted with widespread derision on social media. “[Warren] should name a single person that has ever said this to her,” said Washington Free Beacon Executive Editor Brent Scher.
The popular account NumbersMuncher, meanwhile, jokingly pointed out: “So people took the time to go to Warren's events and spent hours there... only to take the time to tell her they would vote for her ‘if you had a penis’?”
Just News, No Noise
- CNN airs Trump clip with NYT reporter talking Jan. 6
- U.S. airstrike takes out top-ranked al-Shabab leader
- Federally backed censorship machine raises separation of powers, election meddling questions
- Two prominent conservatives say they're considering suing federal government for censorship
- Sen. Rick Scott: Republicans will take back U.S. Senate in November