Terrorism suspected in shooting at Texas naval base
The gunman in the incident was fatally shot but authorities may possibly have another person of interest
May 21, 2020 - 10:22pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The shooting Thursday at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi, Texas is linked to terrorism, the FBI said.
"We have determined that the incident this morning at the Naval Air Station in Corpus Christi is terrorism related," FBI Senior Supervisory Special Agent Leah Greeves said. "We may have a potential second related person of interest at large in the community."
The gunman was fatally shot. according to authorities.
At least one security force member sustained injury, but is expected to survive.
News, Not Noise
- You Vote: Do you think Antifa is a domestic terrorist organization?
- Black cop, white victim, no riots: A 2017 Minneapolis killing foreshadowed failed police reforms
- Trump to designate Antifa as a terrorist organization, wants FBI to pursue members
- Sanders says 'ultra-rich' have been ‘looting’ for 40 years, amid looting of businesses and banks
- Declassified transcripts add to evidence that FBI had no legal basis to interview Michael Flynn