Multiple dead, injured in crash with van full of suspected illegal immigrants
Eleven people are reported dead, and 13 injured.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
As many as 11 people were killed and 13 injured after a van suspected of carrying illegal immigrants crashed in South Texas on Wednesday.
The crash occurred in Encino, on U.S. 281, roughly 55 miles north of McAllen, a border town, Fox News reported.
The van that was carrying 24 people in it crashed into a utility pole after veering off the road, Lt. Chris Olivarez with the Texas Department of Public Safety told Fox News.
The driver was killed and the van was not being pursued when it crashed, Olivarez said. The Mexican consulate and next of kin have yet to be notified, he added.
News, not Noise
- Hillary Factor: Evidence now shows false Russia collusion story began and ended with Clinton
- Russia announces western military buildup to match NATO presence near its borders
- Another Biden legal loss: Court rules Arizona can challenge COVID funds tax restriction
- Primary source of COVID misinformation is the feds, scientists and scholars tell surgeon general
- Top 5 revelations from trial of ex-Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann