Multiple dead, injured in crash with van full of suspected illegal immigrants
Eleven people are reported dead, and 13 injured.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
As many as 11 people were killed and 13 injured after a van suspected of carrying illegal immigrants crashed in South Texas on Wednesday.
The crash occurred in Encino, on U.S. 281, roughly 55 miles north of McAllen, a border town, Fox News reported.
The van that was carrying 24 people in it crashed into a utility pole after veering off the road, Lt. Chris Olivarez with the Texas Department of Public Safety told Fox News.
The driver was killed and the van was not being pursued when it crashed, Olivarez said. The Mexican consulate and next of kin have yet to be notified, he added.
News, not Noise
- New video from Jan. 6 shows officers allowing people to enter Capitol
- Steele's defense of dossier collides with an avalanche of evidence to the contrary
- Eric Greitens: 'Hundreds of ID cards' on Mexican side of border, as Biden opens U.S. 'to terrorists'
- Supreme Court to consider lawsuit challenging teacher union dues
- Facebook tells Arizona AG it allows messages on human smuggling