Perennial favorite Joey 'Jaws' Chestnut wins Nathan's hot dog eating contest – 63 including bun
Massachusetts resident Geoffrey Esper won second place
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Professional eater Joey "Jaws" Chestnut on Monday won his 15th Nathan's hot dog eating contest, devouring 63 hot dogs and buns, according to news reports.
Massachusetts resident Geoffrey Esper won second place by having eaten 47.5 at the annual July Fourth event on Coney Island, N.Y., according to CBS News.
Chestnut won his seventh straight on crutches. He wore a soft cast on his right foot and reportedly ruptured a tendon.
Just News, No Noise
- New twist in FBI raid: Trump had 'standing order' to declassify documents taken to residence
- Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Merrick Garland
- Top Democrat Clyburn: $740 billion spending-tax bill will be issue in midterm elections
- Arizona’s U.S. Senate seat rated a toss-up by election forecasters
- Two Democratic lawmakers cast 10 proxy votes each on House floor in favor of $740B spending bill