Mnuchin, Pelosi reportedly reach informal agreement to avoid government shutdown
“House Democrats support a clean continuing resolution,” Pelosi spokesperson Drew Hammill indicated.
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin have reportedly reached an informal agreement to work on funding legislation to prevent a government shutdown.
Such a stopgap would fund the government for a period of time after the fiscal year ends Sept. 30.
“House Democrats support a clean continuing resolution,” Pelosi spokesperson Drew Hammill said, according to media reports.
News, Not Noise
- Hunter Biden's 2017 rant about Burisma: 'I was fighting for the only income I have left'
- Trump: Biden 'should be ashamed of himself because he didn't work,' he 'goes into a basement'
- GOP bets on voter enthusiasm, ground game advantage and late fundraising surge
- Biden calls Russia #1 threat to U.S. after slamming Romney for saying same thing in 2012
- Momentous cases (and menial tasks) on docket for Barrett, high court's junior justice