Pentagon announces fresh round of munitions for Ukraine
Embattled country to receive anti-armor rockets, nearly 200 "heavy machine guns."
Updated: February 4, 2023 - 12:04pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Ukrainian fighting forces will receive a fresh round of heavy munitions from the U.S. to assist in the country’s fight against Russian invaders, the Pentagon announced Friday.
The Department of Defense said in a release that it was sending “critical air defense capabilities” to the country, as well as “armored infantry vehicles…Javelin anti-tank missiles, artillery ammunition, and conventional and long-range rockets.”
Ukraine will receive 2,000 anti-armor rockets, “Claymore anti-personnel munitions” and nearly 200 “heavy machine guns,” the release noted.
The new material is part of a more-than $2 billion defense package being sent to Ukraine this month.
Just News, No Noise
- Key congressman to Dems: ‘Government does not have the right to hunt Donald Trump’
- Signature verification software used by Maricopa County says 10% is 'high-confidence' match
- Douglass Mackey found guilty of election interference in 2016 for anti-Clinton memes
- GOP Sen. Graham suggests Trump commit crimes to avoid NY indictment
- Feds give pass to Stanford, Harvard Med for racial discrimination favoring blacks