Major internet outage impacting Northeast
The outage is purportedly from Boston to Washington, D.C.
A major internet outage Tuesday from Washington, D.C., to Boston is affecting internet, cloud providers and a number of Google services and Facebook, according to the Associated Press.
Verizon reported via Twitter a cut fiber in Brooklyn, but it's not clear whether that caused the entire outage. The telecom giant didn’t have any estimate when the problem spot would be fixed.
Neither Verizon nor Comcast, another major internet service provider, immediately responded to requests for comment, the wire service also reports.
News, Not Noise
- Blackout: White House curbs press, public access as Biden struggles with public demands of job
- Equality Act sets the stage for first Biden-era battle in the ongoing culture wars
- Cuomo accused of harassment, 'hostility' and 'dirty tricks' against woman while HUD chief
- 'Hard to explain': Scientists struggle to figure out plunging COVID cases
- Civil Rights icon calls white wokeness 'insulting' to black Americans