Major internet outage impacting Northeast
The outage is purportedly from Boston to Washington, D.C.
A major internet outage Tuesday from Washington, D.C., to Boston is affecting internet, cloud providers and a number of Google services and Facebook, according to the Associated Press.
Verizon reported via Twitter a cut fiber in Brooklyn, but it's not clear whether that caused the entire outage. The telecom giant didn’t have any estimate when the problem spot would be fixed.
Neither Verizon nor Comcast, another major internet service provider, immediately responded to requests for comment, the wire service also reports.
News, Not Noise
- Feds accused of seizing $85 million from safe deposit boxes without 'any legal basis'
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Pelosi blocking COVID-19 origins investigation with 'Soviet-style cover-up': Scalise
- Technology company remotely turns up Texas ‘smart thermostats’ during heat spike, report
- Texas AG challenger George P. Bush: Herald of Trump-Bush dynastic alliance? Or RINO in MAGA garb?