Police respond to a suspicious package at the Capitol
The Rayburn House Office Building is being evacuated by US Capitol police after a "suspicious package" was found.
U.S. Capitol Police say officers responded Wednesday to a suspicious package found inside a Capitol office building.
Multiple new agencies said the package was found inside the Rayburn Building, home to House members' offices and hearing rooms.
NBC 4 investigative reporter Scott MacFarlane tweeted the package was found near a ground-floor-level Rayburn meeting room.
Capitol police have been on watch for a credible threat or attack since the Jan. 6 riot.
News, Not Noise
- Prominent lawyer Sidney Powell defends self against a $2.5 billion Smartmatic defamation lawsuit
- Detroit absentee ballot instructions conflict with witness testimony about irregularities
- Zuckerberg group gave Detroit $7.4 million to 'dramatically' expand vote in city key to Biden win
- Nevada GOP censures Republican state official over allegations of 2020 voter fraud
- All eyes on Taiwan as U.S.-China tensions, rhetoric heat up