Tim Scott to give GOP response after Biden's speech before joint session of Congress next week
"I'm excited and honored for this opportunity to address the nation," the South Carolina Republican said in a statement.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Sen. Tim Scott will give the Republican response after President Biden's speech to a joint session of Congress on April 28.
Scott, who has served in the Senate since 2013, is running for reelection in the 2022 midterms. He is the only black GOP senator.
"I'm excited and honored for this opportunity to address the nation," the South Carolina Republican said in a statement. "I look forward to having an honest conversation with the American people and sharing Republicans' optimistic vision for expanding opportunity and empowering working families."
News, Not Noise
- Arizona Senate, Maricopa Co. mull next steps in standoff over routers subpoenaed in vote audit
- Minnesota school district adopts Black Lives Matter slogan as privileged 'government speech'
- Astronomers observe black hole 'spaghettification' of a star for the first time
- New NASA head pledges to shoot for Trump 2024 deadline of putting another man on the moon
- DNA, genealogy website lead to arrest in 26-year-old Texas murder case