Florida legislature passes bill banning abortion after 15 weeks, sends it to DeSantis
Governor is expected to sign the bill into law.
The Florida legislature on Thursday evening passed a bill banning abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy, sending it to Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis to sign.
The state Senate voted 23-15 in support of the bill, a month after the House did the same on a party-line vote of 78-39, Reuters reported.
The legislation does not have exception for rape or incest but does include exceptions for threats to a mother’s life and "fatal fetal anomalies," with the identification of two physicians, the Washington Post reported.
DeSantis has expressed his support of the bill and is expected to sign it into law.
News, not Noise
- Hillary Factor: Evidence now shows false Russia collusion story began and ended with Clinton
- Russia announces western military buildup to match NATO presence near its borders
- Another Biden legal loss: Court rules Arizona can challenge COVID funds tax restriction
- Primary source of COVID misinformation is the feds, scientists and scholars tell surgeon general
- Top 5 revelations from trial of ex-Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann