North Dakota bill would make abortion murder under state law
Law would remove exceptions for abortion procedures.
Updated: February 6, 2021 - 9:30pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A law proposed in the North Dakota legislature would make it a crime of murder to knowingly kill or cause the death of an unborn child.
House Bill No. 1313 declares that a "a person [would be] guilty of murder of an unborn child" if, in part, he or she "intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an unborn child."
The bill’s provisions would not apply in cases of "acts or omissions that are committed pursuant to usual and customary standards of medical practice during diagnostic or therapeutic treatment."
The law does, however, pointedly exclude abortion procedures from that exception.
Just News, No Noise
- Key congressman to Dems: ‘Government does not have the right to hunt Donald Trump’
- Signature verification software used by Maricopa County says 10% is 'high-confidence' match
- Douglass Mackey found guilty of election interference in 2016 for anti-Clinton memes
- GOP Sen. Graham suggests Trump commit crimes to avoid NY indictment
- Feds give pass to Stanford, Harvard Med for racial discrimination favoring blacks