Afghanistan is Biden's 'Bay of Pigs' says former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta
The former defense secretary's comments came after Afghanistan fell to the Taliban over the weekend.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Leon Panetta, former Secretary of Defense under the Obama administration, said on Monday that the fall of Afghanistan is President Biden's "Bay of Pigs."
"In many ways, I think of John Kennedy and the Bay of Pigs, you know?" Panetta told CNN's John King, Fox News reported. "It unfolded quickly and the president thought that everything would be fine and that was not the case. But President Kennedy took responsibility for what took place. I strongly recommend to President Biden that he take responsibility and admit the mistakes that were made."
Panetta's comment was made as Afghanistan fell to the Taliban over the weekend, with the Afghan president fleeing the country and U.S. forces scrambling to evacuate Americans.
News, not Noise
- 'The numbers are skewed': Colorado officials warn of inflated COVID death statistics
- Robin Hood in reverse? Democrats plan $12,500 tax credits for pricey electric car purchases
- Bill Maher argues 0.81% of New Yorkers pay half the city's taxes, slams 'tax the rich' slogan
- Fauci reconsideration of natural immunity used against Michigan State COVID vaccine mandate
- In spite of high vaccination numbers, Israel sees 'record' COVID wave