Biden evacuated from beach house after security scare with plane
President taken to firehouse when pilot mistakenly wandered into secure air space.
President Joe Biden was rushed from his Delaware beach house to a nearby firehouse Saturday after a security scare involving a small plane.
The Secret Service said an airplane mistakenly entered restricted airspace near the Biden vacation home in Rehoboth Beach.
"Shortly before 1 p.m. today a privately owned aircraft entered the restricted airspace over Rehoboth Delaware after mistakenly entering a secured area," the Secret Service said in a statement. "The aircraft was immediately escorted out of the restricted airspace."
“Preliminary investigation reveals the pilot was not on the proper radio channel, was not following the NOTAMS (Notice to Airmen) that had been filed and was not following published flight guidance," the statement added. "The United States Secret Service will be interviewing the pilot.”
A few hours after the episode, the president was seen walking the beach again and relaxing. No arrests are expected.
Just News, No Noise
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- In prison tweets, Avenatti warns unseen evidence may benefit Trump in Bragg case
- Effort to squash Biden family stories long predated Hunter laptop, newly released emails reveal
- Appeals court blocks Biden vaccine mandate for government workers
- Cohen attorney letter to FEC appears to undercut DA Bragg's Trump case