Biden falls in front of onlookers while cycling outside Delaware beach vacation home
White House says 79-year-old president did not need medical attention
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Biden took a tumble Saturday morning while cycling outside of his vacation home in the Rehoboth Beach, Delaware-area – appearing to have fallen on his hip after briefly coming to a stop in front of onlookers.
The video of the fall, in Cape Henlopen State Park, went viral on social media almost immediately after it was posted.
Biden quickly got up after the incident, which occurred at about 9 a.m. The White House says the 79-year-old president was uninjured.
"As the president said, his foot got caught on the pedal while dismounting and he is fine," a White House official told media. "No medical attention is needed. The president looks forward to spending the rest of the day with his family."
News, not Noise
- North Carolina voters abandoning Democrats, switching to GOP as part of a national trend
- Highland Park gunman’s history, weapon purchase raise questions whether Democrat gun laws work
- Medical licensing boards face pushback for enforcing CDC vaccine recommendations, gender ideology
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham will not comply with Georgia election probe subpoena
- Texas counties declare 'invasion' in bid to pressure governor over illegal migrant crisis