Biden job disapproval rating hits 55 percent, according to new poll: Report
The drop in approval rating occurred amidst President Biden's handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
President Joe Biden's job approval rating dropped to 41%, with 55% disapproval, according to a new poll by USA TODAY/Suffolk University.
Independents only rated Biden's job approval at 32%, with Democrats at 87%.
The poll was taken Thursday through Monday, with just 26% of Americans polled approving of Biden's handling the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, 39% favoring his handling of the economy, and 50% approving the president's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
While 53% of Americans approved of Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan, 62% disapproved of how he is handling it.
"Today, President Biden's overall approval has taken a turn for the worse due to his awful job performance rating on Afghanistan," according to Director of the Suffolk Political Research Center, David Paleologos. "His approval on immigration and the economy are also upside down. The only issue keeping him remotely in the game is his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, where he is barely at 50%," USA TODAY reported.
News, not Noise
- New video from Jan. 6 shows officers allowing people to enter Capitol
- Steele's defense of dossier collides with an avalanche of evidence to the contrary
- Eric Greitens: 'Hundreds of ID cards' on Mexican side of border, as Biden opens U.S. 'to terrorists'
- Supreme Court to consider lawsuit challenging teacher union dues
- Facebook tells Arizona AG it allows messages on human smuggling