FAA closes down airspace in Carolinas as Biden says U.S. will 'take care' of Chinese balloon
Airports closed due to "national security initiatives."
Updated: February 4, 2023 - 1:33pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration shut down airspace in the southern U.S. on Saturday afternoon ahead of what are expected maneuvers to bring a suspected Chinese spy balloon out of the sky.
Multiple reports of the closures were circulating on social media on Saturday early afternoon.
Biden earlier on Saturday had indicated that the U.S. was preparing to shoot down the craft from the sky.
“We’re gonna take care of it," he said in response to a reporter's question.
Just News, No Noise
- Key congressman to Dems: ‘Government does not have the right to hunt Donald Trump’
- Signature verification software used by Maricopa County says 10% is 'high-confidence' match
- Douglass Mackey found guilty of election interference in 2016 for anti-Clinton memes
- GOP Sen. Graham suggests Trump commit crimes to avoid NY indictment
- Feds give pass to Stanford, Harvard Med for racial discrimination favoring blacks