First lady Melania Trump to star in coronavirus PSA
First lady joins medical experts in doing public service announcements on helping Americans combat the spread of virus
March 19, 2020 - 12:31pm
First lady Melania Trump will begin making appearances in a series of public announcements about the coronavirus, according to the White House.
This will be the first lady’s first significant public engagement pertaining to the pandemic.
The PSAs will focus on ways Americans “can protect themselves and those most at risk” from contracting and spreading the novel virus.
They will also include appearances by members of the coronavirus task force including Dr. Anthony Fauci, Dr. Deborah Birx, and Surgeon General Jerome Adams.
Major networks have agreed to donate the airtime the PSAs will use for free.
Information for the PSAs will be coordinated via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Department of Health and Human Services.
News, Not Noise
- The FBI documents that put Barack Obama in the ‘Obamagate’ narrative
- Beating up the numbers: The loose definition and inflated tally of COVID-19 deaths
- Mnuchin: Coronavirus direct deposits payments coming 'within two weeks'
- McCarthy pulls endorsement of Republican House candidate for offensive social media posts
- CDC: Coronavirus fatality rate could be as low as 0.26%