Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld dead at 88
He served as secretary of defense under the Ford and Bush administrations.
Updated: June 30, 2021 - 4:02pm
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld passed away at the age of 88-years-old, his family said in a statement.
"It is with deep sadness that we share the news of the passing of Donald Rumsfeld, an American statesman and devoted husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather," the statement from his family said. "At 88, he was surrounded by family in his beloved Taos, New Mexico."
Rumsfeld served as secretary of defense under the Gerald Ford and George W. Bush presidential administrations. He served four terms in the U.S. House of Representatives, and as chief of staff to President Ford.
Just News, No Noise
- CDC issues warning of deadly bacteria with 50% fatality rate coming from the U.S. Gulf Coast
- Wisconsin Congressman says there will be unity for getting Joe Biden out of office
- Marjorie Taylor Greene reveals contents of Biden bribery doc
- Liz Harrington says the American people crave common sense, Trump is top pick
- Plainclothes cops at Capitol during Jan. 6 riot, one on video exhorting crowd, key lawmaker says