Harris raises questions with unexplained trip to California
Reporters not allowed to watch vice president depart; reason for trip is not known.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Vice President Kamala Harris raised eyebrows late this week with an unexplained trip to California that appeared shrouded in secrecy going into the weekend.
Harris reportedly stayed in Palm Springs, Calif., for a "private visit," according to at least one news outlet, but no public officials have indicated a reason for the visit.
Harris departed from Maryland, but reportedly no journalists were permitted to watch her leave the airfield.
The vice president is slated to return to Washington on Saturday.
News, not Noise
- In new book Huma Abedin claims U.S. Senator sexually assaulted her
- Leaving Atlanta: Amid rising urban crime and taxes, a secession movement grows in a moderate suburb
- Chicago set to pass one of US's biggest guaranteed income plans, amid calls to put money to violence
- Extreme couponing Virginia couple receive a combined nearly 20 years in prison for $31 million fraud
- 'Let's Go Brandon' gains widespread recognition across US, approval as form of protest, poll