House Jan 6 committee asks Ivanka Trump to voluntarily cooperate in probe
Ivanka Trump is former President Trump's daughter and was a senior White House adviser
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The House Jan. 6 select committee is asking former President Trump's daughter and senior Trump White House adviser Ivanka Trump to voluntary cooperate with its probe, committee Chairman Rep. Bennie Thompson said Thursday.
The committee announced its plans in a statement following remarks from Thompson, a Mississippi Democrat, according to CNN.
"You will anticipate the committee inviting some people to come talk to us," Thompson said on Capitol Hill, the news outlet also reports. "Not lawmakers right now. Ivanka Trump."
News, not Noise
- Manchin, Sinema defy Biden again, this time on removing filibuster for abortion law
- Supreme Court orders lower courts to vacate rulings against pro-life laws
- Ivy League study on boosters, COVID 'rebounds' fuel skepticism of federal narratives
- Biden call for filibuster exception to codify abortion rights immediately hits roadblocks
- Donald Trump questions why Jan. 6 witness Hutchinson isn't prosecuted for lying under oath