Job Creators Network hits Team Biden on 'recession' definition with Times Square billboard
The nonpartisan, free-market group is putting up the billboard Friday
The nonpartisan, free-market group Job Creators Network is putting up a billboard Friday in Times Square poking fun at attempts by the Biden administration to redefine "recession."
The move follows the federal government announcing a day earlier that the country's gross domestic product – or the value of all goods and services produced over a year – declined for a second-straight quarter.
The consecutive declines and other economic conditions meet a commonly used definition of a recession.
The billboard, in the heart of New York City, is headlined, "READ MY LIPS: NO NEW RECESSION" – referring to the famous line delivered by George H.W. Bush regarding taxes.
Bush said, "Read my lips, no new taxes."
The billboard also reads, "IT’S THE ECONOMY STUPID!" and features a picture of President Biden.
"This week’s GDP report confirms what Americans already knew – the economy is in a recession," said Job Creator Network President and CEO Alfredo Ortiz. "Working families and small businesses are already feeling the squeeze as the economy slows and prices rise at the quickest pace in four decades. Unfortunately, the Biden administration is in denial and continues to do everything it can to message the recession out of existence.”
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Kirstie Alley dead at 71 after battle with cancer
- Actress Kirstie Alley has died at 71
- Podcast host claims break-in at property, gunfire at his home after Kanye West interview