Report: Kamala Harris 'not doing the border' even after being put in charge of border crisis
She will lead the "diplomatic effort," a spokeswoman clarified, according to a Breitbart report.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A White House staffer on Friday reportedly claimed that Vice President Kamala Harris is "not doing the border" even as she has been put in charge of the Biden administration's efforts to address the swelling illegal immigration crisis there.
Breitbart reported on Friday that White House chief spokeswoman Symone Sanders told reporters on a flight that "the vice president is not doing the border."
"The president asked the vice president to take on the diplomatic effort, with Mexico and countries in the northern triangle to address the root causes of migration,” Sanders said, according to Breitbart.
"You can expect she will be speaking with leaders from the region in the near future," she added.
President Joe Biden announced earlier this week that he had appointed Harris to lead his administration's efforts to tackle the crisis in which thousands of illegal immigrants have been surging across the southern U.S. border in recent weeks.
News, Not Noise
- Prominent lawyer Sidney Powell defends self against a $2.5 billion Smartmatic defamation lawsuit
- Detroit absentee ballot instructions conflict with witness testimony about irregularities
- Zuckerberg group gave Detroit $7.4 million to 'dramatically' expand vote in city key to Biden win
- Nevada GOP censures Republican state official over allegations of 2020 voter fraud
- All eyes on Taiwan as U.S.-China tensions, rhetoric heat up