VP Harris motorcade in minor accident that Secret Service initially reported as 'mechanical failure'
No one was injured and Harris was transferred to another vehicle after the incident.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The motorcade for Vice President Kamala Harris was involved in a minor accident this week that the Secret Service initially said was a 'mechanical failure.'
Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday a vehicle in the motorcade Monday "had a minor overcorrection and struck a curb," according to CNN.
"Initial radio traffic indicated this was a mechanical failure, and that was communicated to agency leadership by personnel supporting the motorcade movement," Guglielmi said. "After the protective movement was completed, leadership was verbally updated with additional pertinent facts that the vehicle struck a curb."
No injuries were reported, and Harris was transferred to another vehicle after the incident to continue on her regular route to work.
Just News, No Noise
- Judge sides with DeSantis, says governor won’t have to testify in suit brought by prosecutor
- IRS warns taxpayers of new $600 threshold for reporting third-party payments
- House GOP leadership rejects 6 of 8 rules changes sought by conservatives, with more pending
- Musk indicates he will release internal Twitter docs on censorship of Hunter Biden laptop story
- Budweiser plans to send unsold beer intended for World Cup in Qatar to winning country