VP Harris motorcade in minor accident that Secret Service initially reported as 'mechanical failure'
No one was injured and Harris was transferred to another vehicle after the incident.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The motorcade for Vice President Kamala Harris was involved in a minor accident this week that the Secret Service initially said was a 'mechanical failure.'
Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday a vehicle in the motorcade Monday "had a minor overcorrection and struck a curb," according to CNN.
"Initial radio traffic indicated this was a mechanical failure, and that was communicated to agency leadership by personnel supporting the motorcade movement," Guglielmi said. "After the protective movement was completed, leadership was verbally updated with additional pertinent facts that the vehicle struck a curb."
No injuries were reported, and Harris was transferred to another vehicle after the incident to continue on her regular route to work.
Just News, No Noise
- University stonewalling release of public records on federal censorship collusion: lawsuits
- "Kari Lake is not backing down one bit": a breakdown of the AZ election
- Bar fight and DUI car crash: Conduct of Democrat-picked congressional ethics chief gains scrutiny
- Second wave of Twitter docs reveal 'blacklists' and 'shadow bans'
- Fallen idols: 7 darlings of the liberal press who fell from grace