White House confirms firing several staffers for previous marijuana usage
Biden administration is working to change policy.
Biden administration press secretary Jen Psaki is confirming Friday that the White House has dismissed several staffers due to their earlier use of marijuana as a recreational drug.
Psaki said the White House recently "had worked with the security service to update the policies to ensure that past marijuana use wouldn’t automatically disqualify staff from serving in the White House."
"As a result, more people will serve who would not have in the past with the same level of recent drug use," she said.
News, not Noise
- Researchers shoot holes in study touted for confirming 'masks work' in curbing COVID
- Mike Pence: 'There were irregularities' in 2020 election, feels he made right decision Jan. 6
- Biden legal defeats rapidly piling up across the nation on broad array of policy fronts
- Dying COVID-19 patient recovers after court orders ivermectin treatment
- Georgia sues Biden DOJ for evidence of ‘colluding or conspiring’ with outsiders to fight voter law