Trump says almost 5 million people lifted off food stamps so far in his second term

Trump made the comments during a rally in Rockland County, New York, with Rep. Mike Lawler, R-NY,, GOP gubernatorial candidate Bruce Blakeman, and New York Giants quarterback Jaxson Dart.

Published: May 23, 2026 12:28pm

President Trump said on Friday that almost 5 million people have been lifted off of food stamps in the last 16 months. 

“I’ve created 300,000 jobs in the last two months,” Trump said during a rally in Rockland County, New York, with Rep. Mike Lawler, R-NY,, GOP gubernatorial candidate Bruce Blakeman, and New York Giants quarterback Jaxson Dart.

“Remember this right now, more people are working in the United States than at any time ever before, by far, by a big number. And in 16 months, we’ve lifted nearly 5 million Americans off of food stamps.” 

Trump said factory construction and consumer spending is increasing.

“Under our leadership, factory construction is up, new residential construction is way up, and consumer spending is way up,” the president said. “American companies are ordering core capital goods to expand their operations at the highest rate in the history of our country.”

Unlock unlimited access

  • No Ads Within Stories
  • No Autoplay Videos
  • VIP access to exclusive Just the News newsmaker events hosted by John Solomon and his team.
  • Support the investigative reporting and honest news presentation you've come to enjoy from Just the News.
  • Just the News Spotlight

    Support Just the News