Feds have opened probe into funders, organizers of far-left violence, Homeland chief says
Chad Wolf says he wished the probe was moving faster, but is confident accountability will occur.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
The Justice Department is investigating the funders and organizers of far-left violent riots that have rocked America's cities this summer, Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf says.
Federal investigators are "targeting and investigating the head of these organizations, the individuals that are paying for these individuals to move across the country," Wolf told Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Monday night.
"I wish that was in a little quicker fashion," Wolf added while emphasizing "this president is committed to holding individuals accountable."
Wolfe said he has talked with Attorney General Bill Barr about the probe, adding some individuals who have played a part in Portland's four months of rioting have moved on to other parts of the country to export the violence.
"We have seen them in D.C., in Sacramento, and elsewhere," he said. "They are organized. We have seen similar tactics being used from Portland and other cities across the country as well."
Wolf said his department is assisting the FBI and DOJ in the probe.
"We are making sure that the investigations that we are involved in, we are getting that information over to the FBI, to those criminal investigators that are doing their job" he said.
Wolf's comments come after some GOP members of Congress, including Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, have increased pressure on DOJ to follow the money and organizers facilitating the nationwide rioting.
You can watch Wolf's interview here.
Just News, No Noise
- New twist in FBI raid: Trump had 'standing order' to declassify documents taken to residence
- Whistleblowers revealed widespread FBI misconduct ahead of Trump raid
- Poll: Soaring number of Americans say they’re getting back to ‘normal, pre-COVID’ life
- MSNBC contributor, ex-spy chief hint Trump deserves execution over classified records dispute
- Air Force pushing religious objectors to get vax that used human fetal cells, military lawyer claims