Seven dead, one injured in California shooting incident, suspect in custody
The episode took place in and around Half Moon Bay, near San Francisco.
A shooting incident in San Mateo County has left multiple casualties, authorities have confirmed.
A total of seven people were fatally shot at two locations in Half Moon Bay, Calif., near San Francisco. An eight person is critically injured and a suspect is reportedly in custody after turning himself in. Multiple news outlets have reported that that individual is 67-year-old Zhao Chunli.
CBS Bay Area reported that two separate crime scenes had been identified, one at the Magic Mushroom Farm at 12761 San Mateo Road/Highway 92 and a second at 2125 Cabrillo Highway S./Highway 1.
The outlet further observed that an individual had been spotted in the custody of authorities in handcuffs. It remains unclear whether that individual was Chunli.
The victims in the shootings appear to be Chinese farmworkers, NBC Bay Area reported, citing Half Moon Bay Councilmember Debbie Ruddock.
The deadly incident comes one day after an unrelated mass shooting during Chinese/Lunar New Year celebrations in Monterey Park, Calif.
Just News, No Noise
- 'Results are changing quickly': Media, Big Tech take pains to bury Pfizer 'mutate' video
- House GOP locates emails, texts showing Pelosi office directly involved in failed Jan. 6 security
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- Ford recalls nearly half a million cars over rear view camera defect
- Memphis releases video footage of police altercation with Tyre Nichols