New Jersey man pleads guilty to hiring assassin to kill 14-year-old boy
Perp sought to kill child after exchanging sexual messages online.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A New Jersey man pleaded guilty this week to attempting to hire a hitman to assassinate a 14-year-old boy after exchanging sexual messages with him online.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey said in a press release that 31-year-old John Michael Musbach admitted to " paying $20,000 in bitcoin to have a 14-year old child murdered."
Musbach reportedly "decided to have the victim killed so that the victim could not testify against him" in an upcoming trial in which Musbach stood accused of exchanging sexually explicit photos with the 14-year-old.
The perpetrator sought to obtain the murder-for-hire services from a website on the dark web, the attorney's office said.
At sentencing in June, Musbach faces "a maximum potential penalty of 10 years in prison" plus fines.
Just News, No Noise
- Trump decries weaponized probes against political figures: ‘Worse than ballot stuffing’
- US Judge gives a lecture on free speech at Notre Dame after being shouted down at Stanford
- Operation Lone Star: More than 30,000 foreign nationals turned back to Mexico
- DOD announces removal of woke DEI Chief from military children's schools
- Andrew Cuomo calls out Georgia and New York Trump investigations, says they're politically motivated