Eight people killed, multiple injuries in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis
"I see a man come out with a rifle in his hand and he starts firing," one witness said.
A gunman killed eight people and wounded several others Thursday night at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis airport before killing himself, according to police.
Five people have been hospitalized including one with critical injuries, in addition to those killed, according to the Associated Press.
Authorities have yet to identify the shooter and say they don't know whether the person was a FedEx employee. The parcel delivery service says several of those killed worked at the facility.
Police reportedly arrive at scene at about 11 p.m. while the shootings were still occurring.
Witnesses said the shooter was using an assault rifle.
"I see a man come out with a rifle in his hand and he starts firing, and he starts yelling stuff that I could not understand," witness Levi Miller said on WTHR-TV. "What I ended up doing was ducking down to make sure he did not see me because I thought he would see me and he would shoot me."
Just News, No Noise
- Special master to give extended time to Justice Department to provide seized documents to Trump
- FBI whistleblower says SWAT teams being misused, J6 defendants' rights trampled
- Roughly 98% of people eligible to receive latest COVID booster have not received one
- Trump says that if he had to do it all over again, he still would run for president: Haberman book
- Nancy Pelosi booed at music festival in NYC