Police: Chicago man stabbed wife, mother, two children, family pet before killing self
Couple were reportedly in the process of getting divorce; husband had restraining order.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Police in Chicago say a man there stabbed his wife, his two young daughters, his mother and a family pet before fatally stabbing himself, shedding light on the shocking discovery of multiple bodies in an affluent neighborhood this week.
Uncertainty swirled around the identity of the victims after media reports revealed the grim discovery in the Buffalo Grove suburb several miles northwest of downtown Chicago.
Lake County Coroner Jennifer Banek subsequently identified the deceased as Andrei Kisliak, his wife Vera, mother Lilia, and two daughters Vivian Kisliak and Amilia.
Police say Andrei killed the two women and two girls as well as a family pet before taking his own life.
Andrei and Vera were reportedly in the process of a divorce, with Vera having taken out a protective order against her husband earlier in the year.
"Today is a very sad day for our community as we continue to process this unthinkable event,” Buffalo Grove Police Chief Brian Budds said in a press conference on Friday.
Just News, No Noise
- Bob Woodward scolds media colleagues for Trump Russia coverage, says American public was 'cheated'
- YouTube, Musk's Twitter throttle investigative journalists behind Pfizer 'mutate' video
- 11 US cities — all governed by Democratic mayors — listed among 50 most dangerous in world
- 'Laverne & Shirley' star Cindy Williams dies at 75
- Most Americans think Biden administration handling classified document probe well, poll