Sacramento police make third arrest over fatal weekend shooting
Daviyonne Dawson was charged with "being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm."
The Sacramento Police Department announced Tuesday that a third person has been arrested in connection to the weekend shooting that killed six people and wounded 12 others.
Daviyonne Dawson, 31, was arrested Monday and charged with "being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm," according to the department press release.
Dawson was found to be carrying a gun immediately after the shooing, but detectives do not believe his gun was used in the lethal action, law enforcement stated. He has not been charged with additional crimes, but the investigation is ongoing.
"Dandrae faces charges of assault with a firearm and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm. Smiley will be facing charges of possession of a firearm by a prohibited person and possession of a machine gun," the department stated.
Just News, No Noise
- Old case over audio tapes in Bill Clinton's sock drawer could impact Mar-a-Lago search dispute
- COVID vaccine trials document birth defects, lost pregnancies, FOIA requests reveal
- Durham objects to source of anti-Trump dossier wanting classified info for upcoming trial
- Trump Organization CFO pleads guilty to tax fraud in deal requiring him to testify
- Former NIH whistleblower: Political motives of entrenched bureaucrats harming public health