Naval Academy mom fatally shot while dropping off son in Annapolis
This is the third homicide in Annapolis this year.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
A mother of a U.S. Naval Academy inductee was fatally shot Tuesday during a trip to Annapolis, Md., in which the woman and her husband were dropping off their son.
The victim, identified as Michelle Jordan Cummings of Houston, was hit by stray bullets while sitting on the patio of her West Street hotel in downtown Annapolis.
Police say the bullets were fired nearby, missing two people a shooter had targeted.
Cummings, 57, and her husband were visiting for the induction of their son, Leonard, into the service academy and had been on the patio with another couple at the time of the shooting, according to WTOP news.
Annapolis Mayor Gavin Buckley, said every resource is being deployed to solve the case and a crisis intervention team has been sent to help the Cummings family.
"Somebody lost their mum on the proudest day of their life," Buckley said.
There is a $2,000 reward for any information given to police that leads to an arrest or indictment.
Just News, No Noise
- As House GOP secures first cooperation in Biden probe, pressure grows for damage assessment
- GOP Sen. Cotton vows to stall nominations until Congress gets Biden, Trump classified docs
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- Former FBI assistant director of Intelligence says the FBI should do a damage report on Biden family
- Progressive group slams Schiff after Senate campaign announcement