Upscale Chicago stores hit by string of burglaries on Black Friday
Looters and thieves have been growing bolder in major American cities in recent weeks.
Burglars in Chicago on Friday hit a string of high-class retail shops, continuing a recent trend of increasing emboldened thieves making brazen robberies of high-value stores in major American cities.
Stores such as Canada Goose—known for its highly expensive winter jackets—and North Face all suffered break-ins early on Black Friday, local media reported.
Other stores such as Foot Locker and Boost Mobile were also hit.
The robberies come shortly after a high-profile robbery at one of Chicago’s Louis Vuitton outlets, one in which dozens of thieves raided the store at the same time and made off with over $100,000 of merchandise.
News, not Noise
- Ilhan Omar gets booed onstage in Minneapolis at concert for Somali singer
- Bloody and violent Fourth of July in blue cities
- After SCOTUS win on EPA case, Patrick Morrisey takes aim at SEC
- Hunter Biden's laptop shows contacts for Google execs, US officials on China: report
- 'Maverick' soars, 'Lightyear' limps, as summer movie box office reflects culture wars