Fairleigh Dickinson beats Purdue, 63-58, in stunning upset
That upset matches the 2018 game in which the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Retrievers triumphed over the University of Virginia Cavaliers.
Fairleigh Dickinson University made history Friday night in a victory over Purdue University in a stunning upset.
The 63-58 victory marked the second time in the NCAA men's tournament that a No. 16 seed has defeated a No. 1 team, according to USA Today.
That upset matches the 2018 game in which the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Retrievers triumphed over the University of Virginia Cavaliers 74-54, the first 16-seed upset in the tournament.
FDU, for it's part, appeared incredulous at the team's win, with the Knight's own Twitter account seemingly likening the victory to the Cinderella fairy tale.
"CAN'T HOLD US! It's not midnight and this slipper still fits!" the team tweeted.
Ben Whedon is an editor and reporter for Just the News. Follow him on Twitter.
Just News, No Noise
- Michigan project with $1.14B in taxpayer backing must adhere to Chinese communist rules
- 'Race to the bottom': Legal experts fear escalation spiral ahead of possible Trump indictment
- GOP Rep roils hearing when asking witness why Hunter Biden not prosecuted for falsifying gun buy app
- Whitmer signs bill repealing Michigan's right to work law
- North Carolina governor vetoes pistol permit repeal