Hall of Fame Vikings Coach Bud Grant dead at 95
Grant was best known for taking the Vikings to four Super Bowls in eight years.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Hall of Fame and Minnesota Vikings coach Bud Grant passed away Saturday at age 95.
Grant was best known for taking the Vikings to four Super Bowls in eight years and losing all of them.
"We are absolutely devastated to announce legendary Minnesota Vikings head coach and Hall of Famer Bud Grant has passed away this morning at age 95," the Vikings wrote on a social media post. "We, like all Vikings and NFL fans, are shocked and saddened by this terrible news."
Grant did not have much interest in accolades.
"The only reason I can see for a head coach getting credit for something good is that he gets so much blame when something is bad," Grant previously said. "The whole secret, I think, is to not react to either the good or the bad."
He is survived by his six children, 19 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.
Just News, No Noise
- DHS heavily redacted Disinformation Board emails despite claiming agency had nothing to hide
- Two years later, Jan. 6 video footage raises new questions about police and prosecutors
- Durham bombshell: Prosecutor unveils smoking gun FBI text message, 'joint venture' to smear Trump
- Accused GOP Rep: J6 panel knowingly peddled false 'political narrative' of Jan. 5 recon of Capitol
- Senate votes 66-30 to repeal military force authorizations used to fight Iraq