Longest running Broadway show, Phantom of the Opera, will close in 2023
There have been over 13,500 performances for nearly 20 million people.
The longest-running Broadway show, "Phantom of the Opera," will close in early 2023, the show announced Friday on its website.
“We are sad to confirm that after 35 years on Broadway, Phantom will play its final performance at the Majestic Theatre on Saturday February 18th, 2023,” reads the announcement.“Tickets are currently on sale for performances through January 22nd, 2023, and we expect the final block of tickets to be placed on sale shortly.”
The final stage performance will occur on Feb. 18, and there will be a commemoration of its 35th anniversary Jan. 26, ABC-7 reports.
The musical was written by Broadway writer and composer Andrew Lloyd Weber and features such as "Masquerade," ″Angel of Music," ″All I Ask of You" and "The Music of the Night."
According to ABC-7, there have been over 13,500 performances for nearly 20 million people at the Majestic, on West 44th Street in New York City.
The show has won seven Tony awards and three Oliver awards.
Just News, No Noise
- Scientist who worked closely with the Wuhan lab says COVID was genetically engineered and leaked
- Justices puzzled by Colorado's argument for forcing Christian designer to make gay wedding websites
- Calls for investigations grow over Katie Hobbs' alleged use of Twitter censorship, 1A issues
- New Hampshire senators skipping WH event to protest Biden support for Dem primary changes
- Louisiana, Missouri AGs release 359-page Fauci deposition in social media collusion lawsuit