Pipe bomb found outside RNC headquarters, DNC building also evacuated
A suspicious package was also found at the DNC building
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
An explosive device was found on Wednesday outside the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington. The nearby headquarters of the Democratic National Committee was also evacuated following the delivery of a suspicious package.
A pipe bomb was found outside a wall at the RNC and was successfully destroyed by a bomb squad, according to an official from the RNC. The DNC package has yet to be identified, according to the New York Times.
Both the RNC and DNC buildings are located just a few blocks away from the U.S. Capitol, which was breached on Wednesday by protestors who are opposing the certification of the electoral college slate.
The National Guard for Washington and Virginia have been called in by President Trump in response to the unrest.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS warns taxpayers of new $600 threshold for reporting third-party payments
- Special Counsel disputes claim from Trump attorneys over Giuliani case
- House GOP leadership rejects 6 of 8 rules changes sought by conservatives, with more pending
- As White House drains oil reserve to near-40-year lows, Biden asks for $500m to modernize system
- Ivanka Trump posts photos from World Cup with family