Inauguration night primetime special planned by Biden team to air on most mainstream media channels
Fox is one of the only major new networks that won't air the live event.
Major TV networks will air an inauguration special the night of Jan. 20 for incoming Democratic President Joe Biden that will include actor Tom Hanks hosting the 90-minute event. The prime-time show is scheduled to include performances from Demi Lovato, Justin Timberlake and Jon Bon Jovi.
The "Celebrating America" event will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC, but not on the Fox News Channel.
Biden's inaugural committee is planning the event in lieu of an inaugural ball, traditionally held to honor those who have served on the frontlines during the pandemic.
“We have witnessed countless heroes this past year step up to the frontlines and serve their fellow Americans, so we are telling their stories, spreading their collective light, and celebrating the best of our country and its people with this prime-time program,” Tony Allen, the CEO of Biden’s presidential inaugural committee, said in a statement.
Washington has warned visitors to stay home and watch the inauguration virtually, like the parade and other festivities that are usually held in-person on Inauguration Day.
Biden plans to travel to the nation's capital from his home in Delaware on Tuesday, a day ahead of his inauguration in Washington, D.C., by Amtrak.
News, Not Noise
- During current COVID wave, Florida is outperforming California with fewer restrictions
- FBI, State officials aware early on Steele made major mistake in Russia reporting
- Liberal activist charged in Capitol riot was reportedly an Olympic hopeful, six-figure salesman
- Bombshell revelations as Trump declassifies all FBI documents in Russia probe
- Iran fires ballistic missiles into Indian Ocean, one lands with 20 miles of commercial ship, report