Pope Francis calls gender ideology 'extremely dangerous'
"Gender ideology, at this time, is one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations. It goes beyond the sexual," Francis warned.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Pope Francis says the idea of gender ideology is "extremely dangerous" because it blurs the differences between men and women.
There is no clear definition of "gender ideology," but it essentially argues the differences between men and women are social and cultural constructs – not biological or natural differences.
"There are somewhat naive people who believe that [gender ideology] is the path of progress," Francis said in an interview with Argentinian outlet La Nacion published Friday.
He also said the ideology is "extremely dangerous because it annuls differences, and that it annuls humanity."
"I always distinguish between what pastoral care is for people who have a different sexual orientation and what gender ideology is. They are two different things," also said Francis, who as Pope is known for his more progressive stances.
In addition, he warned: "Gender ideology, at this time, is one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations. It goes beyond the sexual. Why is it dangerous? Because it dilutes differences, and the richness of men and women and of all humanity is the tension of differences. ... The question of gender is diluting the differences and creating an equal world."
Just News, No Noise
- Joe Biden bribery allegations involve Ukraine, first raised with FBI in 2017, key investigator says
- Christian man arrested for quoting Bible verse at pride event
- Matt Gaetz introduces resolution to hold former Trump probe prosecutor Mark Pomerantz in contempt
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- FBI harbored Biden allegations since 2017, through impeachment, election, lawmaker says