Texas House committee moves forward with unanimous vote to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
Paxton has come out and said the investigation is politically motivated.
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
An investigative committee in the Texas House of Representatives has voted unanimously, 5-0, to adopt articles of impeachment for the state's Attorney General Ken Paxton.
The full House could vote on the recommendation of impeachment as soon as Friday, according to Fox News.
Paxton is under investigation by the FBI for allegedly misusing his office to assist a donor.
The articles of impeachment brought forward by the lawmakers accuse Paxton of engaging in bribery and unlawful conduct.
Paxton says the investigation is politically motivated.
A lawyer in Paxton's office, Chris Hilton, said in a press conference that the House investigators' findings are "false," "misleading," and "full of errors big and small."
Just News, No Noise
- J6 Unmasked: Security footage confirms Capitol door opened, allowing 300 to enter building freely
- GOP lawmaker excoriates Jan. 6 committee as new footage comes to light
- WATCH fateful moment senate door unlocks allowing hundreds in the Capitol on January 6th
- Biden bribery memo: Open investigation or game of keep away?
- Patrick Mahomes pulls Travis Kelce away from White House podium during Chiefs' visit