Twitter stops censoring Epoch Times links following public outcry
Figures ranging from Sen. Marco Rubio to Dr. Peter McCullough called out Twitter
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Twitter has stopped censoring posts from The Epoch Times amid public criticism after users reported problems when they attempted to click on links to Epoch's stories on the social media platform.
When users earlier last week clicked on links to Epoch stories, Twitter told them: "The link you are trying to access has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially spammy or unsafe."
By Saturday the links began working properly again, Epoch reported.
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) called the situation "alarming."
"Twitter is censoring @EpochTimes under the guise of 'unsafe' speech. Remember what happened the last time corporate media and big tech tried to censor my investigation on Hunter Biden corruption? The truth always prevails," he wrote.
Cardiologist Dr. Peter McCullough, who has been censored before for his comments about COVID-19, said: "Twitter hemorrhaging evidence of CDC collusion, malfeasance, and suppression of free speech is found to be censoring leading news outlet Epoch Times. As more censorship happens audiences are further drawn to those sources of information for the truth. Keep it up Twitter!"
Just News, No Noise
- New twist in FBI raid: Trump had 'standing order' to declassify documents taken to residence
- Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Merrick Garland
- Top Democrat Clyburn: $740 billion spending-tax bill will be issue in midterm elections
- Arizona’s U.S. Senate seat rated a toss-up by election forecasters
- Two Democratic lawmakers cast 10 proxy votes each on House floor in favor of $740B spending bill