Andrew Cuomo questions FBI's raid on Trump's Mar-a-Lago: 'DOJ must immediately explain'
Cuomo said a lack of transparency would discredit the work of the Jan. 6 committee
Former New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday questioned the FBI's raid of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate.
Cuomo wrote on Twitter that the Department of Justice "must immediately explain the reason for its raid & it must be more than a search for inconsequential archives or it will be viewed as a political tactic and undermine any future credible investigation & legitimacy of January 6 investigations."
Cuomo followed up by saying a lack of transparency would discredit the work of the Jan. 6 committee investigating the Capitol riot.
"[The] DOJ must disclose the bona fide nature of the August 8 action or else the republicans will use it to Discredit the Jan 6 investigation, which would be a terrible disservice to the good work of the house committee in exposing The Trump administration violations," he added.
Just News, No Noise
- As House GOP secures first cooperation in Biden probe, pressure grows for damage assessment
- Brits yank back COVID vaccination program as US plunges forward with one-size-fits-all strategy
- GOP Sen. Cotton vows to stall nominations until Congress gets Biden, Trump classified docs
- Trump proposes big changes to public education, saying it's been overtaken by 'Radical Left maniacs'
- With race to lead GOP set to be decided Friday, challenger Dhillon snags major endorsement