As Biden approval sinks to new low, Trump maintains position as 2024 GOP favorite
Biden has a lower approval rating than Trump did at this time in his presidency
President Joe Biden's disapproval rating hit an all-time high while his approval rating is at a record low, yet former President Donald Trump maintains his high popularity as Republicans' favorite candidate for 2024.
President Joe Biden's approval rating has been decreasing ever since he took office, but it hit a new low in Morning Consult/Politico polls after a survey released by the firm last week showed his approval at 39%. His disapproval rating hit a new high of 58%, according to the poll.
Biden has a lower approval rating than Trump did at this time in his presidency, FiveThirtyEight observed. Biden's disapproval rating is also higher than Trump's was at this same point.
The same poll also showed that if Trump decides to run for reelection in 2024, the former president is far ahead of any other possible candidates in the Republican primary.
Most GOP voters (53%) said they would vote for Trump in the 2024 primary. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came in second at 16%, with former Vice President Mike Pence in third place at 13%. No other candidates polled above 5%.
Trump's popularity may be an important factor for the 2022 midterms as 94% of candidates he endorsed this year have won their primaries, according to Ballotpedia.
Just News, No Noise
- GOP Rep. Greene seeks probe on why Trump not told about previous spy balloons
- Kari Lake headed to Iowa for political events, raising national profile
- Top general admits NORAD failed to detect earlier Chinese spy balloons in U.S. air space
- GOP Rep. Miller to skip State of the Union
- China spy balloon episode a Sputnik learning moment for America, black eye for Pentagon