Donald Trump pushing Dr. Oz to declare victory in tight PA Senate primary
The close race is likely going to trigger an automatic recount
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump is pushing for Dr. Mehmet Oz to declare victory in the Pennsylvania Republican Senate primary, while the celebrity physician is ahead by fewer than 2,000 votes.
"Dr. Oz should declare victory. It makes it much harder for them to cheat with the ballots that they 'just happened to find,'" Trump posted Tuesday on his social media platform Truth Social.
Former President Trump endorsed Oz in April; his primary race is a test of Trump's influence in the state.
With just over 96% of ballots counted in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary, Dr. Oz is fewer than 2,000 votes ahead of businessman Dave McCormick as of Wednesday afternoon, according to The Associated Press.
The close race will likely trigger an automatic recount, which happens when the margin of victory is 0.5% or less in Pennsylvania.
News, not Noise
- North Carolina voters abandoning Democrats, switching to GOP as part of a national trend
- Highland Park gunman’s history, weapon purchase raise questions whether Democrat gun laws work
- Medical licensing boards face pushback for enforcing CDC vaccine recommendations, gender ideology
- Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham will not comply with Georgia election probe subpoena
- Texas counties declare 'invasion' in bid to pressure governor over illegal migrant crisis