Donald Trump pushing Dr. Oz to declare victory in tight PA Senate primary
The close race is likely going to trigger an automatic recount
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump is pushing for Dr. Mehmet Oz to declare victory in the Pennsylvania Republican Senate primary, while the celebrity physician is ahead by fewer than 2,000 votes.
"Dr. Oz should declare victory. It makes it much harder for them to cheat with the ballots that they 'just happened to find,'" Trump posted Tuesday on his social media platform Truth Social.
Former President Trump endorsed Oz in April; his primary race is a test of Trump's influence in the state.
With just over 96% of ballots counted in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary, Dr. Oz is fewer than 2,000 votes ahead of businessman Dave McCormick as of Wednesday afternoon, according to The Associated Press.
The close race will likely trigger an automatic recount, which happens when the margin of victory is 0.5% or less in Pennsylvania.
Just News, No Noise
- IRS whistleblower provides Congress origins of Biden probe, evidence of political interference
- Arizona judge denies sanctions against Kari Lake and her legal team
- Biden, McCarthy strike tentative deal to slow spending and raise debt limit
- Texas House votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton
- Appeals court reinstates religious challenge to COVID vaccine mandate for healthcare workers