Former President Trump endorses Sen. John Kennedy for reelection
Trump described Kennedy as "a brilliant and highly educated man who will never let you down."
The Facts Inside Our Reporter’s Notebook
Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday issued a full-throated endorsement of GOP Sen. John Kennedy for reelection.
"Fantastic news for Louisiana and the U.S.A.—Senator John Kennedy will be seeking re-election! John is strong on Crime, the Border, our Military, our Veterans, Pro-Life, Energy and the Economy, and our very much under siege Second Amendment. Unlike Louisiana's other Senator, Bill Cassidy, who used my name in ads and all over the place in order to get re-elected, and then went “stupid,” John Kennedy is the real deal—a brilliant and highly educated man who will never let you down. He has my Complete and Total Endorsement!" Trump declared in a statement.
The Louisiana Republican, who entered office in 2017, is seeking to secure reelection in the 2022 contest.
News, Not Noise
- Georgia investigator's notes reveal 'massive' election integrity problems in Atlanta
- Georgia audit documents expose significant election failures in state's largest county
- Over 7,000 affidavits delivered to Michigan lawmakers claim election fraud
- GOP lawmakers to Biden: 'We write to you today to express concern with your current cognitive state'
- Pelosi says GOP wants people 'in cars, on the road, using gas,' Dems want more mass transit